Vietnam day tours

US TOLL FREE: 1800 618 9829

Thursday, December 19, 2013

Hue Citadel

Hue Imperial City is in Hue ancient castle, where the capital of the Nguyen dynasty during the 140 years from 1805 to 1945. Currently, Hue Citadel is a relic of the cluster relics of Hue was recognized by UNESCO as World Cultural Heritage.

History
Under Lord Nguyen, Hue has been chosen as the capital of Cochin: years 1635-1687 Nguyen Phuc Lan, Nguyen Phuc Tan Dung at the Government of Kim Long, to the Thai Nguyen Phuc Nguyen Phuc Khoat government has moved to Phu Xuan in the years 1687-1712, 1739-1774. By the Tay Son Dynasty, King Quang Trung Hue has been chosen as the capital of the unified country Vietnam. 1802, when Nguyen Phuc Anh was crowned emperor, opening the Nguyen dynasty lasted for 143 years, again select Hue city as a place to play. Shortly, after taking the throne, Gia Long has conducted a survey to build a new positioning, he finally chose tracts of land on the north bank of the river includes part of the village land of Phu Xuan, Van Xuan Phai Forum, An Van can drive along part of the two rivers Bach Yen and Kim Long as the place to build.



In terms of feng shui, the capital convictions of Ngu Binh Mountain is 100 meters high, flat top, sleek, weight distribution between the delta fronts as a natural radiation shield before the city. The two sides are Con Hen and Con Da Vien Thanh Long as cholera, Organic White Tiger (left green dragon, white tiger on the right) how tigers dragons expressed respect for kingship. Convergence is proving waterway Huong river wide, stretched between two curved like a bow alcohol bring vitality to the city. Hue Citadel Gia Long was personally selected location and demarcation, surveying since 1803, started construction since 1805 and completed in 1832 under King Minh Mang. In the history of early modern Vietnam, construction Hue Citadel is perhaps the massive scale with tens of thousands of people participated in construction, millions of cubic meters of rock, with a workload giant trenching, filling rivers, migration, graves, covering the lasted for 30 years under two kings.

Architecture
Hue Imperial City is planned on the banks of the Perfume River North, turning his face toward the south, with a surface area of 520 ha. Bible and all the structures of the Citadel, the Forbidden City are turning to the south, in the direction of the I Ching scored “male presence Saints pediatric hearing galaxy “(referring king facing South to rule galaxy). Round up nearly 10km in circumference, 6.6 m high, 21m thick built with rugged forts are arranged evenly spaced, accompanied by fireworks label, artillery, ammunition, only the original earthen embankment, Gia Long life until the late starters brick. Outside the ring into a covered trench system just outside. Particularly canals (City households Ha) is both protective function both functional water transport than 7 km in length ( in the west section of Van Ke River, north of the river segment An Hoa, the period East is East River Tuesday, based on the section south of the river).

The door 10 includes:
The North Door (aka tailgate, located on the back of Imperial City ). Door -West (also called Hoa door, village name here). The west door. Southwest door (door Huu Thanh Kinh right). The Southern Door (also called door of that house, so close that dried bark - the weapons locker, set the Gia Long). Door East - South (also known door free traders have regular Institute and the stables located behind the door). The east door (ie the door Dong Ba, residential area named here). Door East - North (aka Who left the door). In addition, the Bible has one door connecting the Tran Binh Dai (Northeast corner of parts of the Bible, also called the gills), called Tran Binh Mon. Two doors with Citadel waterway information to outside systems Ngu Ha Dong Thanh Thuy Thanh Thuy Quan Quan and West. In the middle of the front of the mast, called the Citadel.

Inside the city
Inside the Citadel, this houses, the officials and the most important in the Citadel area - and work place of the king and the royal family.


Citadel
Monday is within the inner citadel of Hue, where the King and the Royal Family, is the work of the court. Also Hue Imperial City is a place of worship and ancestor of the Nguyen kings.
The Citadel was built in 1804, but to complete the entire power supply system with more than 100 works, to the reign of King Minh Mang in 1833, every new job is completed. Citadel has 4 doors are arranged in four aspects, including the main door (in the south) is Ngo Mon. Inside the Citadel there is the Thai Hoa Palace, the throne, the temple area, and Forbidden- accommodation activities of the king and the royal family. It is often referred to Citadel and the Forbidden City is the Imperial Palace.

Forbidden
As of the same rounds, located in the Imperial City. The original Forbidden City Palace is called, is starting construction in Gia Long No. 2 ( 1803 ), the 2nd year of Minh Mang (1821) renamed the Forbidden City. The rectangular-shaped, 341m long north side and south, east and west side length 308m, 1300m perimeter. On the front, the main entrance is south of the Grand Palace Gate. North faces 2 General Loan and Phung Nghi, the Bao Dai, built stairs after advancing Office Office open door. Front two doors east and East An Khanh Hung, following the entrance of East An open door Browse Market Browse Market Street to the east. West sides have two gates: Gia Tuong and Xi’an. Inside the Forbidden includes dozens of structures with various large and small scale, are divided into several areas.

Citadel
Also called a flag pole, in the middle of the south side of the city of Hue under the Chief South fortress is also home of the imperial flag. Citadel was built in the 6th year of Gia Long (1807) and construction time of Hue Citadel. By Minh Mang, long term, was repaired in 1829, 1831 and 1840.

Temple of literature university
In 1803, Emperor Gia Long Doc School building in the area of traditional security, Huong Tra district, Hue Citadel by approximately 5 km to the west, is located next to the Temple of Literature, facing the river. This is considered the country's first school was built under the Nguyen Dynasty. By 1908, New tepmple of literature was moved inside the Citadel, outside the southeast of the Imperial City (ie the current position).

Long An
Long An was built in 1845, King Thieu Tri, known as Long An Court is a place to stay after the ceremony the king charged (plowing) each spring. This is also where King Thieu Tri frequents, resting, reading, writing poetry, soaked bay.

Royal Fine Arts
The main building of the museum was built in 1845 in Long An electric under King Thieu Tri. Currently more than 300 museum exhibits artifacts of gold, porcelain, ceramic, enamelled Hue, physician and pragmatics, royal costumes of the Nguyen Dynasty. Royal Fine Arts Museum, Hue help attendees a comprehensive view of the royal court life.

Phu Xuan
Phu Xuan was built in the first half of the nineteenth century the total Phu Xuan Huong Tra district, Thua Thien - Hue far -Western Loc, Hue city, 2km from the city center to the north.


Tinh Tam lake
Tinh Tam Lake is a landscape monuments constructed under the Nguyen Dynasty. In the past, traces of a former lake river flow through Hue Kim Long. First time Gia Long, the court for a number of river rehabilitation and boots in the other direction to form Te Ngu Ha and coral. Two popular beaches in this lake is used as a storage building where gunpowder and salt consumption. 3rd year of Minh Mang (1822), the Nguyen Dynasty has mobilized 8000 soldiers to participate in the rehabilitation pool. 1838, King Minh Mang two warehouse relocated to the east, where the reconstruction of the target place knife, entertainment and called Tinh Tam lake. Under the reign of King Thieu Tri see here is a land of scenic Neurology 20.

Castle Museum
Long letter Museum built in 1825 is on a lake in the city of Hue Hai School, used as a place to save the old dispatch agency and record the Nguyen dynasty. This can be seen as a scripture repository of Vietnam under the Nguyen dynasty store copies of rare documents related to activities of the court and the country's transformation. Only some local contacts Gia Long and Minh Mang was stored here up to 12,000 files. Can say is very important Invisibility long letter in the local storage of documents and contacts, important papers at the time.

Members present - Tam Toa
Is the advisory body of the king's courtiers four or more Products from Tam, Switzerland is the University of the East The Electricity, Van Minh, Vo Hien and Chanh. Institute initially placed in the Ta Vu. After the capital fell in 1885 to move to the home of the ceremony, then Minister of War, and finally the temple, Giac Hoang judge Supervisors ( French ) and Girl Room of the so -called Tam Toa. Currently located in Tam Toa address 23 Tong Duy Tan, Thuan Thanh drugs, in the southeast corner of Hue Citadel, is now the headquarters of the Center for Preservation of Hue Ancient Monuments.

Xa Tac
Xa Tac was built under King Gia Long in April 1806 to land sacrificial reality (society) and the god of grain (congestion). Xa Tac leadership position now located in Thuan Hoa ward , Hue Citadel, the street block bounded by four sides: North side - line: Ngo The Times, South side - Tran Nguyen Han, east side - Tran Nguyen Dan, west side - Nguyen Cu Trinh.

Nineth god of the nine Gods is the name of the gods 9 cannon was cast Hue artisans under King Gia Long. After defeating the Tay Son, taking the throne, King Gia Long mainland for contemporary artists to focus all the loot weapons and supplies into 9 bronze cannon cast as exhibits to victory his glorious. Work officially cast in 1803 and completed in 1804.


Check out some stunning Hue city tours to fully see the stunning places to visit in Vietnam and the positive changes here, and contact us for further information

ShareThis

Vietnam day tours